Here are 50 Facebook ad statistics that will help you optimize your Facebook marketing campaigns and get better results!
In the world of small business marketing, it’s always a numbers game.
It doesn’t matter if you own a brick-and-mortar or online-based business, knowing Facebook ad statistics can give your marketing a boost.
Facebook ads are an incredibly powerful tool that allows businesses to reach new customers, build relationships with existing ones, and track performance.
Understanding the latest advertising trends and stats can help guide your investments and make sure you get the most bang for your buck!
Here’s the ultimate list of the latest Facebook ad statistics and other Facebook facts…
…every small business owner and marketer needs to know to build an effective Facebook marketing strategy.
50 Facebook Ad Statistics You Need To Know
Facebook Ad Statistics And Facts
- Facebook’s active user base reached 2.91 billion as of the third quarter of 2022.
- Facebook’s global advertising audience is 2.11 billion people, or 72.5% of its total 2.91 billion monthly active users.
- More than 9% of digital marketing and advertising are done on Facebook.
- There are over 3 million businesses that use Facebook’s advertising platform.
- 93% of social media marketers use Facebook ads.
- Facebook Shops has reached its 250 million mark worldwide.
- The single greatest age group in the social media giant’s advertising audience is men between the ages of 25 and 34.
- Across all industries, Facebook’s average CPC is $1.86.
- Among all paid advertising channels, Facebook offers the highest ROI.
- Facebook ads convert better than Google Ads, with an average conversion rate of 9.2%.
- With Facebook ads, 33.3% of the global population aged 13 years and older can be reached.
- Facebook Marketplace ads can reach 562 million people.
- Facebook video ads have an average link clicks or click-through rate (CTR) of 0.90 percent.
- Mobile ads outperform desktop ads by 34%.
- Facebook still mainly consists of single-image ads, despite the increasing popularity of video ads.
- Japan has the highest CPC rate of $1.6 per click.
- The average digital ad spending of Facebook advertisers is $58.11 billion.
- Facebook’s average CPM across all industries is $14.40.
- Facebook has more than 7 million active advertisers.
- Facebook ad costs are lower in the first quarter and peak during the last quarter.
- Mobile-first videos account for more than half of Facebook’s video advertising revenue.
- Facebook’s digital ad revenue as of the last quarter (Q3 2022) reached $82.4 billion.
- Mongolia, Libya, and the Philippines have the largest Facebook ad audience reach outside the U.S.
Facebook Marketing Statistics and Facts
- Shares are the most valuable type of engagement on Facebook.
- Facebook engagement statistics have a median of 0.08% across all industries.
- Mark Zuckerberg himself claims that Facebook Marketplace is used every month by 800 million people globally.
- Facebook continues to be the most effective social media marketing platform according to a group of surveyed marketers.
- There are now 1.8 billion people using Facebook Groups every month.
- Facebook video statistics show that video posts have an average engagement rate of 6.01%
- A piece of content’s visibility is determined by the Facebook News Feed algorithm.
- The Stories format is the most popular type of content on Facebook.
- Facebook is the second most popular video property next to Google.
- The average Facebook organic reach of a single post is just 2.2%.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook to promote their new products or services in video format.
- Facebook’s organic engagement is 0.26% less than Instagram’s but is 0.07% ahead of Twitter’s.
Facebook Usage Stats and Facts
- The average number of people who visit Facebook every day is 1.62 billion.
- Tens of millions of Facebook users log into the social network platform every day.
- Facebook is the source of news for 31% of Americans.
- Facebook users on mobile are 80.5% Android users, and 14.3% iOS users.
- Meta has over 1 billion Stories posted every day across its apps.
- Although Facebook usage has decreased over the past five years, people still spend an average time of 58 minutes a day on Facebook.
- Among American teens ages 13-17, Facebook usage has significantly decreased as video-centric social media apps are preferred.
- There are 8 billion video views on Facebook every day.
- Since 2014, Facebook has been the third most downloaded app in the App Store and Google Play.
Facebook Demographic Statistics and Facts
- As of July 2022, 43.2% of Facebook’s global audience are female users while 56.8% are male, making the latter Facebook’s largest demographic group.
- In the United States and Canada, Facebook had 266 million monthly active users (MAUs).
- Facebook is rapidly losing the younger generation and it’s predicted that the decline among young users will continue.
- Australian Facebook users spend 17.6 hours per month on the social platform.
- Accounting for 17.7% of the total world population, India boasts a staggering 329 million Facebook users.
- Facebook Messenger’s global users are mostly female.
Why Use Facebook Ads?
One of the great things about Facebook ads is that they can be very a cost-effective advertising strategy for small businesses.
LYFE Marketing Case Study Lady Ease
Unlike other forms of advertising (like TV or radio), where costs can quickly add up, Facebook ads allow you to set a budget and target a specific audience…
…so that you don’t waste money advertising to people who aren’t interested in your product or service
This makes it easier for small businesses with limited budgets to get the word out about their offerings without breaking the bank.
In addition to being cost-efficient, Facebook ads also have exceptionally high engagement rates compared to other forms of advertising.
LYFE Marketing Case Study Taliah Waajid
As mentioned earlier, Facebook achieves an average click-through rate (CTR) of 0.90%, making them one of the most successful forms of digital advertising available today.
This means that more people will see your ad and take action and visit your website or purchase your product or service…
…which is good news for any small business looking for ways to increase sales and visibility online.
As a small business owner, it can be difficult to decide which form of advertising is best for your business.
But hopefully, this article has given you some insight into why Facebook ads may be worth considering!
With their wide reach potential and low cost-per-click rates…
…they could be just what you need to realize your campaign objectives, take your business to the next level, and be a market leader!
Getting Facebook ads right isn’t just important.
It’s absolutely essential if you want to reach your target audience and make an impact.
If you don’t have time to do all the manual work, our team can help you make the most of your Facebook advertising budget…
…and boost your ROI by delivering significantly more web leads, sales, clicks, and customers than any other marketing team!