If you’re wondering, “What’s Vine?” it’s time you checked out Twitter’s newest mobile app. Vine is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your customers to see.
Even though Vine has a lot of hype surrounding it, you may still be wondering “Does my business really need to be on Vine?” It’s true that your business does not need to be on every social media channel, but if your brand is heavy on the visuals (B2C product companies or a B2B manufacturers), incorporating Vine into your current social strategy is worth considering. Unlike YouTube, Vine’s six-second video rule and mobile-friendly app makes it easier for users to digest videos on the go. And the most important reason your business should be on Vine? It’s still new, you can be first in your industry and the customers will flock to you.
Still wondering how you can use Vine for your business? Check out these useful tips to help you manage.
1. Pitch Videos – With Vine you’re able to create 6 second videos about anything you like. Make it fun about your product or service. Use quick product reviews, and comparison to show off why your work is better than the competitors.
2. Story telling – As with sharing photos, videos can deepen your connection with your community by humanizing your brand. Tell your story, how you got started and why you do what you do. By story telling you’re bound to connect with someone on an emotional level or at least earn their respect.
3. User feedback and engagement – Asking questions on vine seem more “direct” and “1 on 1” based than text or photo questions. You’re likely to get way more response from a Vine community than any other social channel because you’re able to present in a persuasive way unlike before.
4. Build buzz with live reviews – Nothing can build excitement faster than a quick fun video. Have someone whose energetic, positive and outspoken talk about you’re brand in 6 seconds and create word of mouth.
5. Office Fun – Take your community inside your office. Show off your company’s culture in a fun way that makes people feel excited about doing business with you or applying for your company.
Remember you shouldn’t use Vine without a intentional strategy and purpose. Like other social media platforms, Vine needs consistent management and creativity in order to find ROI. With Vine, and other social media outlets, the marketing opportunities are endless. Have fun.