YouTube. Instagram. TikTok. Vimeo.
Marketers are now recognizing the value of finding new and interesting ways to reach consumers through video marketing.
Imagine that you are having a conversation with a good friend.
You’re spilling your heart out; going on about the best slice of pizza that you have ever had at this new place downtown.
A week later, you invite that same friend to this pizza spot, only for them to say, “I’ve never heard of it.”
You’re probably thinking, “Was he even listening to me?”
This is a challenge that marketers face on a day-to-day basis.
You can spend weeks creating amazing content but how much of your content is actually being consumed?
Is your target audience actually listening to your message?
Realistically speaking, humans have short attention spans.
According to a recent study from Microsoft, the average human attention span has dropped down to eight seconds.
How do we, as marketers, stand out?
Text is great. Images are cool. But videos are even better!
Video marketing is such a simple way to get more engagement on your social media campaigns.
Still don’t believe in the power of video?
Read on as we’re going to list down these 25 amazing video marketing statistics in this post.
Let’s jump right in!
Video Marketing Statistics For Businesses In 2022
1. Short Attention Spans
Customer attention is the ultimate commodity.
It is something that we have to earn. It’s not enough anymore to just create messages and put them out on different platforms.
Messages are meant to be heard, seen, and read.
This is why it is important to create relevant content that actually appeals to your target audience.
Focus on the benefits and features of your products and create a message that translates effectively to your consumer.
Check out these video marketing statistics involving attention span:
- Consumers give up on an online video if it doesn’t load in two seconds. (University of Massachusetts Amherst and Akamai Technologies)
- Roughly 94% of pre-roll ads on YouTube are skipped shortly after the first five seconds. (Thread Group)
- 62% of viewers watch a business-related video all the way through if it’s less than 60 seconds (Vidyard)
Check out this post next to discover more content marketing types.
Buyer behavior is a very integral part of the decision-making process.
How do consumers think? Why do they think the way that they do?
While we may not be able to answer these questions without doing a little research…
…it is important to understand that the average consumer does not want to feel like they are being sold to.
So, how do we move towards a more progressive human-to-human experience?
Use a video to speak to your customer, directly.
Yes, this will not only grab their attention but you will ultimately be establishing a relationship of trust.
Here are some video marketing statistics for consumers:
- 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Optinmonster)
- Brand recall is 22% higher on mobile videos, even by those who skip. (The Brand Gym)
- 75% of Instagram users take action after viewing a video ad. (Impact BnD)
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. (ComScore)
- 93% of consumers find videos helpful for post-purchase instructions. (Animoto)
- According to NIELSEN Wire, 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
Marketers create conversations.
We are always looking for insight on how to better communicate with consumers.
With that being said, it’s only natural for marketers to love videos!
There is nothing more satisfying than hearing, “OMG. You have to see this!” That is the instant gratification of a job well done.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
You have successfully captured your audience’s attention. Here are some video marketing statistics to prove that.
- 87% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI (Wyzowl)
- 83% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website. (Wyzowl)
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto)
- 88% of marketers are committed to devoting more dollars to video campaigns in the future. (Social Media Week)
LinkedIn messaging. Cold-calls.
How does a marketer go about reaching out to the CMO of a multi-million dollar company?
Traditionally, the process is long and drawn out.
You call a phone number and you end up talking to the front desk manager, the assistant, the assistant of the assistant, the VP of Coffee-Getting, and so on.
What makes you stand out?
Sure, you could send gifts (that’s not weird at all).
You could even do it the old-fashioned way and invite the CMO to lunch, but who’s to say that he or she would even give you a response?
Video marketing puts a marketer in a unique position: a new and faster channel that leaves much more room for opportunity.
And here are some video marketing statistics to back it up:
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video. (Forbes)
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. (Wordstream)
5. Blogs & Email
First of all, every business (including yours) should be blogging and including email marketing into their digital content strategy.
We always hear that “content is king”.
However, we forget that in actuality, quality content is king. All of that other stuff is just the court’s jester.
Blogging and emailing are like chocolate and marshmallows.
They are great on their own, but together, they create s’mores! What’s that you say?
“Where are the crunchy graham crackers?” Video.
Video is the graham cracker in this melty equation.
Incorporating video into your blogging and email marketing campaign ensures that your message is being understood.
After all, that is indeed the ultimate goal. Check out the following video marketing statistics that involve both blogs and email.
- Blog posts with video have a 53x higher chance of ranking on the 1st page of Google. (Convince & Convert)
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP. (Wordstream)
- Video in email can boost open rates by 20% and increase click-through rates 2X. (Brain Shark)
- Using the word “video” in email subject lines boosts open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. (Brain Shark)
Video Marketing Statistics On Different Platforms
Grumpy cats, Miley Cyrus, and amazing wedding proposals.
Video platforms truly bring out the best of the internet (debatable).
There are many easy ways to use Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, and other video-sharing platforms for business.
It’s just a matter of harnessing the power of each, in your own way.
The message you put on TikTok will most likely differ from the one that you put on YouTube.
Be sure to do your research and really get a good understanding of which platform will work well for your business.
- 83% of consumers worldwide prefer YouTube to watch video content. (Hubspot)
- Tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than Tweets without video. (Twitter)
- 58% of people say they have become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in Stories. (Instagram)
- TikTok was shown to be the second-highest grossing app after Netflix when it came to consumer spend. (Popupsmart)
Video Marketing Trends To Watch Out For
What is the future of video marketing? How will the role of the marketer change?
How will content change? How will media change?
As marketers learn and grow in their industry, the greatest obstacle that they have to face is: adaptation.
Video marketing could wipe out television and print completely.
This is why it is important to study digital trends and most importantly, always be prepared.
- Of the businesses that currently use video marketing, nearly all (99%) say they plan to continue doing so in 2022. (Wyzowl)
- Live streaming is set to be one of the most popular video marketing trends in 2022…
…as the average US consumer has an average of 9.5 video streaming apps installed on their mobile phones. (PR Newswire)
- The growth of video advertising is also not showing any signs of stopping.
This figure is forecast to continue rising over the next few years and reach $63.3 billion by 2025. (Statista)
25 Video Marketing Statistics To Consider
Still don’t believe in the power of video marketing? Here are 25 extra video marketing statistics to consider:
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads. (Wordstream)
- YouTube is the 2nd most preferred platform – 1st in Netflix – for watching video on TV screens for 18-34 year old (Variety)
- A third of all online activity is spent watching video. (YouTube)
- 6 out of 10 people prefer watching online video content compared to television (Think with Google)
- More than half of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which specific brand or product to buy. (Google)
- 65% of video viewers say YouTube is their favorite channel for watching user-generated content. (Limelight)
- Video ads were the #1 way consumers discovered a brand they later purchased from. (Animoto)
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. (Forbes)
- An average user spends 16 minutes 49 seconds watching online video ads every month. (comScore)
- 80% of internet users remember the video ads they watch online. (Online Publishers Association)
- 26% of internet users look for more information after viewing a video ad. (Online Publishers Association)
- 22% of internet users visit the website named in a video ad they viewed. (Online Publishers Association)
- After visiting a video ad, 12% of viewers purchase the specific product featured in the ad. (Online Publishers Association)
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video. (comScore)
- Real estate listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than those without videos. (Silver Mountain Realestate Group)
- Click-through rates increase 2-3 times when marketers include a video in an email. (YouTube)
- Subscribers to lead conversation rates increase 51% when a video is included in an email marketing campaign. (Video Brewery)
- 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will actually read the content. (Video Brewery)
- Your website is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine results page…
…if it includes video 20 percent will actually read content in its entirety. (Quick Sprout)
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major u.s t.v. networks combined have created in 30 years. (YouTube)
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process. (comScore)
- 45.5% of internet users view at least one video online over the course of a month. (YouTube)
- 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute & 60% by 2 minutes. (Insivia)
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to youtube every minute. (PC Mag)
- An introductory company email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%. (Implix)
If you’re not incorporating video marketing into your overall marketing plan…
…you’re missing out on an opportunity to not only differentiate yourself from your competitors…
…but also, to draw your consumer in a way that they have not been before.
Digital marketing channels will continue to expand.
It is up to you to move in the right direction.
Feel encouraged to take a video-centric approach to marketing.
We dare you to.
And if you want to maximize your promotion on video marketing platforms, work with our video marketing agency today!